How to Use the Technique:
One Minute Healing:
How to Use this Technique
Step One: "PAWS" (pause) & rate your PAWS
Pause, identify the problem, and rate its intensity.
- State the problem. (Is it Pain, Anger, Worry, or Sadness that you are predominantly feeling?)
- Rate your PAWS level (feeling of distress) on a scale from 0-10 (0 being best and 10 worst)
- Raise your eyebrows 3 times, then smile (even if you have to force yourself).
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and slowly exhale through your mouth.
Step Two: Use Your PAW
Paw-like hand over right eye, side of your face, and over your heart -- naming something for which you are grateful with each position.
- Place your right paw-like cupped hand over your right eye.
- Say one thing out loud for which you are deeply grateful, however seemingly significant or insignificant, present or past.
- Move your paw-like right hand to the right side of your face. Name a second thing for which you are truly grateful.
- Now place your paw-like right hand over your heart, and say out loud something you expect to be grateful for in the future.
- (This process can be done in less than a minute. Your gratitude items can be expressed in one word, if desired.)
Step Three: Re-rate Your PAWS
Rate your distress again after having completed the technique.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Rate your Pain Anger Worry or Sadness from 0 (best) and 10 (worst).
- Repeat Step Two until your PAWS level (level of distress) is zero, or if your PAWS level remains the same for three measurements.
Want to stay in the loop with everything that is going on with this technique?
Provide your e-mail below!